This is a moderated blog. You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas and concerns. Staff of the Office of the Information Commissioner will review all comments. The OIC will make best efforts to post comments within three business days after receipt. The moderators of this blog may not reply to every comment posted on this blog.
The views expressed by commenters on this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the Information Commissioner or the Office of the Information Commissioner.
In sharing your comments, please be aware that:
- All comments may be released in the public domain unless the commenter clearly states otherwise, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public. Please see Privacy section below. All comments may also be released pursuant to a request made under the Access to Information Act;
- Personally identifiable information will be removed from comments by the moderator before they are posted;
- We will not post comments that:
- contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups;
- are clearly off-topic, unintelligible, that promote services or products, or that are announcements from labour or political organizations;
- are written in a language other than English or French;
- do not add value to the normal flow of the discussion.
- We will not comment on complaints, on issues that may become complaints or on ongoing investigations;
Members of the media are asked to pose their questions directly to the Office of the Information Commissioner’s Public Affairs branch through their normal channels. Media questions will not be posted.
If you wish to leave a comment on our blog, you will be asked to provide us with:
- Your name and e-mail address;
- Your comment;
- Your website (optional).
Your e-mail address is required for the purposes of limiting spam and contacting you should we have questions about your comment or wish to respond to your questions. Your e-mail address will not be made public and it will not be used for any other purpose.
Access to the information you provide when you submit your comment is limited to those who need the information for the purpose of maintaining the blog. Should your comment be approved for posting, your name and website (should you wish to provide one) will appear alongside your comment on our blog. If your comment is not approved for posting, your information will be deleted.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information in the body of your comment.
If you wish to remove your comment from our blog, you may e-mail us at Natalie.Hall@oic-ci.gc.ca.
Any links to URLs not under the control of the Office of the Information Commissioner are provided solely for the convenience of interested users. We are not responsible for the content of those websites, nor do we endorse it.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Office of the Information Commissioner links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.